If you use it you must share it. See twitter feed at @doknotes
DOKNOTES means that you can have all the important clinical facts at their fingertips, whether on the ward round, in clinic or doing MCQs or simply at home or on the tube or bus revising or in the lift or long corridor going to see a patient. It can also use be used as a revision source. Built in supersearch function that gives you a full search of all contents.
- contains over 1450 drug, disease and management topics written specifically for you.
- The content is being constantly updated for you
- Quickly accessible with a simple step down into topics and subtopics you can quickly find what you need.
- Although written for medical students and doctors it has relevance to those studying pharmacy, nursing, specialist nurses and physicians assistants, paramedics and any advanced healthcare practitioner.
- Diseases are discussed under a quick summary with aetiology, pathology, clinical features, investigations and management
- Clinical pearls are highlighted
- A quick list takes you to medical emergencies and general management information
- Amazing compared with the price of the Oxford handbook of medicine
- We welcome any contribution or request for specific content to be added.
What can it do
- Finds info fast ! It both searches headers / article titles and if you press search key it does a full textual search
- Saves your time from searching books and websites
- Contains images if you have an internet connection
- All text is available even if you don’t have an internet connection
- Critical care
- Emergency Medicine
- Respiratory disease
- Cell biology
Latest update to App 18th September 2014 – New iPAD specific version + supersearch facility
- Doknotes is free and non commercial and will remain so
- Doknotes will not contain advertising
- I cannot afford to advertise it or promote it beyond simple non commercial routes
- I rely on your passing on the message to others for its success via twitter, bloggs, word of mouth, lectures
- The more it is used the more time we can devote to improving it
- If you would like to contribute content or comment on material please write to me
- All contributions will be acknowledged
- I have some particular tasks that need to be covered if any aspiring helpers have some time